AdLab is the Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) competition of
… meeting of minds. IMC is the application of consistent brand
messaging across both traditional and non-traditional marketing channels and using different promotional methods to reinforce each other.
• Four member teams. All members must register for SANMILAN 2019 individually.
• Scoring areas – Branding (logo and tagline), Big Idea for the campaign, Content (How brief and smart), impact (punch), and presentation.
• Presentation on 16.02.2019 (Saturday) from 0900 Hrs at CMSDU New Seminar Hall. 15 minutes for presentation, 5 minutes for interaction.
• The maximum number of teams that will be shortlisted is six. Only shortlisted teams will need to register for SANMILAN 2019.
• Judges’ decision will be final and binding.
• Entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by February 5, 2019. Shortlisted entries will be informed by February 10, 2019 about their selection. No changes will be allowed after submission.
For the competition, assume the following:
• Campaign Promoter: Government of Assam
• Subject Brief: The Integrated Marketing Campaign (IMC) should drive home the point that the Government of Assam is committed promote tourism in Assam in the wider backdrop of promoting tourism in India. This means both Awesome Assam and Incredible India are important.
• Target Audience: The target audience is the international tourists.
• About Incredible India and Awesome Assam: Incredible India is the name of an international tourism campaign maintained by the Government of India since 2002, to promote tourism in India to an audience of global appeal. You can know more about the campaign by visiting incredibleindia.com The Assam Tourism has come-up with the new brand entity Awesome Assam to promote Assam Tourism outside Assam. Some interesting information on the campaign may be had from magicalassam.com/2016/09/awesome-assam.html
• Why the Campaign? The Government of Assam is interested in exploiting the immense tourism potential of Assam to lure foreign tourists to the state. But the Page | 6 Government of Assam believes that it must also focus on those foreign tourists who visit India but now must be convinced to include Assam in their travel itinerary.
What to do?
• Create an IMC campaign including print, OOH (Out of Home), TVC (Television Commercial), Web Ad, Radio or any other media. At least three different media should be used to create the IMC. For e.g., you may use print, TVC and Web Ad.
• The language should only be English.
• Print Ad, if used should be a collection of three different ads, based on one central campaign idea.
• Each TV Spot, if made, should last for around three minutes in enactment.
• Web Ad can be in the form of banners. The banners should be different than those used for print ad.
• Radio Ad may be in the form of voice recording.
• Best Team: ₹ 6000/- + Certificates to all group members.
• Second Best Team: ₹ 3000/- + Certificates to all group members.
• All competitors will give the organizers the copyright to use the materials submitted for the competition.